PULLEY LAGGING SERVICES
BRITCO Pulley Lagging can be done in place, on site, at your local distributor or at the pulley manufacturer. Pulley lagging increases the traction between the belt and the pulley, which in turn reduces load and wear on the drive, belt, pulleys, bearings and take-up. For efficient and economical conveyor operation, proper pulley lagging is integral detail one that delivers the following key benefits:
* Extends the life of key conveyor components.
* Reduces wear from abrasive materials.
* Prevents belt slippage by increasing the coefficient of friction between the conveyor belt and the pulley.
* Creates a self-cleaning action on the pulley surface and prevents the buildup of transported bulk material, water, snow or ice.
Most often, lagging is attached to the pulley via
vulcanizing (preferred in heavy-duty applications).
Or, replaceable lagging can be used. The lagging strips are bolted or welded to the face of the pulley and can be easily replaced in the field. Ceramic pulley lagging is constructed from hundreds of individual ceramic tiles molded into a durable rubber backing.
In certain applications, ceramic lagging can significantly increase drive traction.Pulley Lagging Specification Tips
* Plain steel drum pulleys (with no lagging) are best in dry, clean environmentswhere traction is not critical, and when no foreign material is present on thereturn belt.
* Drum pulleys with plain rubber lagging are typically used in snub applicationswhere traction is not critical.
* Drive pulleys that operate in wet or damp conditions are commonly groovedand are available in a smooth, herringbone or diamond design.
* Ceramic lagged pulleys are used in applications with abrasive materialon the return side of conveyor belt.